Step by Step of How to Paint with Diamonds
Diamond painting provides hours of relaxation, tranquility, and fun while re-creating beautiful and unique designs. The designs range from Cavalier King Charles, black cats, pumpkin cats, wolves, dogs and more! The sky is the limit, just pick your favorite and off you go!
Now diamond painting is not difficult to do but requires more concentration and technique than most crafts. Don’t let that deter you, because it’s a lot easier than you think. Whether you are a beginner or a hobbyist, any tips or ideas are always helpful. So let's review some tips on how to use your diamond painting kit, then you can go on to create your masterpiece!
- - Open your kit and lay out your items in front of you. Included will be the following: a printed canvas, sorted colors of diamonds with numbers, a plastic tray, pen for painting and glue. Become familiar with the tools and organize everything in front of you for easy access.
- - Next, review the canvas and be sure to note the chart indicating the diamond colors, which with coincide with the pre-preprinted canvas. They may not always be numbers. Occasionally they can be letters, symbols or even a name.
- - The canvas itself is covered with plastic to preserve the sticky material underneath. Do not pull this completely off, instead pull back a portion and work in one area until complete. If you need to take a break, recover your work to protect not only your work thus far, but also to preserve the canvas.
- - Next, pull back the plastic covering of the glue just enough to dip your pen tip in. This will ensure the diamonds stick to the applicator portion of the pen for painting.
- - Using the plastic tray, arrange the diamonds with the flat side down. Using the pen, press the tip against the round portion of the diamond.
- - With the plastic cover pulled back, begin painting the diamonds into their marked areas on the canvas. It’s recommended to start from the bottom of the design and working your way up.
- - After you have painted all of the diamonds into their respective places, recover the canvas with the plastic and using your hands, gently rub the canvas to help seal the diamonds in. You should only to have to do this a couple of times.
- - And finally, display your beautiful work of art proudly. Relish the masterpiece you created with very little instruction other than a few tips and enjoy it for many years to come.
So as you venture deeper into diamond painting, use the tips listed above to get you started. As you become more comfortable and proficient, use techniques that work best for you. No matter the method, it will be just as relaxing and meditating. The bonus is that it will be enjoyable and can be enjoyed by all ages. All that matters is that in the end, you will have a gorgeous piece of artwork. Happy diamond painting!